Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm learning the hard way that it's not always easy to be friends with your exes.

I'm that idiot who always dates people that I've established really great friendships with prior to us fucking it up by dating, so when things inevitably go bad, it's never a clean break. Ever.

Generally, I've done a pretty decent job of staying friends with my exes.

But theres always that few that you still have some passion with, and no matter what you do the same fights keep creeping out of the wood work.

Part of me wants to remain friends, to try to get back what we had.

The other part of me isn't functionally retarded and knows that it's impossible and the problems we had as a couple aren't just going to disappear. I wish they would, though.

The same arguments start getting old. I'm still a bitch who isn't pretty enough for him, and he's still a worthless sack of shit with no redeeming qualities that can't satisfy me in bed.

It's the same old shit over and over again, and it's kind of sad.

Maybe I should adopt the same idea my friend did: I have enough friends, there's the door.

Boo for being a fucking softie.

No comments: