Friday, March 19, 2010

Im so excited!

A few friends from the Quad Cities are driving out here tomorrow to see me and go out!

Part of me is excited: My apartment is reasonably clean if you don't open my bedroom door, and it's been a long time since I've seen these guys.

The other part of me is terrified. I am older than I was, and I can no longer drink the night away. Not to mention, when I first met these people I was in a pretty bad place. Fine. I was an emo cunt. There, you happy?

Moving on.

Now I am far less likely to put up with some of the same shit I used to put up with when I first met these folks. Not to mention, I have a spine again.

Its totally unreasonable, but part of me is terrified that the weekend is going to suck. Or somehow, we won't get along anymore. Or somehow, I'll cramp their style because instead of being fun I'm a total sell out who works a boring corporate job.

Case in point? I just tore apart my closet looking for shoes to wear out tomorrow. I've decided I hate all of my shoes, and I was stupid for buying them in the first place. I obviously have no taste and should be locked away where I will no longer offend society with my taste in footwear.

Not to mention, suddenly I'm totally uncomfortable wandering around dressed like a slut.

I know, crazy right?

When the fuck did I get old?

I'm sure I'm just being crazy and the second that tequila hits my lips all will be right with the world again.

No comments: