Thursday, August 20, 2009

There is some good news!

In October, I will be officially unemployed.

I know, you're probably thinking "How is that good news?", let me tell you.

It gives me ample time to either find a job suitable to my ridiculously random skill set, or gives me ample time to sit at my parents house and write my book. Either way it seems like my life will be a hell of a lot less stressful, once you take my current financial clusterfuck out of the equation.

I think a lot of my friends are waiting for me to absolutely snap. I got bent over by a credit card company, and rightfully so. Turns out, when you're not paid on time, and then not paid the full amount, after a few months you fall out of favor with your creditors.

Who'd have thunk, right?

I do have an interview today, to do something that I'm really goddamn good at. It's one of those things that when I started doing it 10 years ago, I was doing it for fun. I kept it up, and suddenly 2 years ago it's the New Hot Job. Of course, I didn't realize this as I was busy sitting back thinking "People will pay me for this? Seriously? And I get to keep my shirt on the entire time?"

A little part of me hopes they offer me the job today, so I can walk back into my office, take my pictures off my desk, toss them the keys and tell them to mail me my next check.

So yea, another turd in the sea of shit that has become my life.

However, I have faith it'll get better.

If not, I suppose I can always take up stripping.

3 comments:

Little Red said...

Your work life does give you a lot of grief, dunnit? Do tell - what is it that you do so well? :-)

G'luck!

Clare said...

Mostly the thing Im best at is faking being the best at things Im not

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....