Friday, August 03, 2007

There's nothing quite like waking up to a call from my friend D.
I love her to bits, but she really has quite the knack for drama. More than anyone I've ever met.

This morning was one of those mornings.

She called me in between sobs telling me our friend Johannah was hit by a train. I'm a logical person, and knowing D, I chose this particular time to assume that she's exaggerating. Hit by a train? Come on. That doesn't actually happen to anyone.

As usual, I was wrong.

My friend got hit by a train. A fucking train. How the hell does that happen? Shes a tiny little thing, she can't weigh over 100 pounds, shouldn't she just fly away or something?!


I'm not sure what I'm supposed to really be thinking or doing right now. I'm just sort of staring at my computer screen feeling a strange combination of "What the fuck" and "Oh my god".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very tragic----critical condition.
do you know why she was on the tracks?

Anonymous said...

Damn dude, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you're surrounded by and can find comfort in your friends. I hope your friend is okay too

Anonymous said...

Don't know if your friend survived I hope so and my heart goes out to you and your friends loved ones..300Chrysler(Tony)