Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I know it's been awhile since the last post.

My apologies.

Thanksgiving kind of kicked my ass all over the place.

I noticed before I left for Indiana that my car only had heat if I was going 45 miles an hour or faster. I figured, no big deal, lets get that thing flushed out, not a problem.

I called my mechanic in Indiana and explained to him the problem and he said, probably needs flushed, about $400, no big thing.

Sweet!


Man, was I wrong. It was the head gasket and intake valve and a big shitload of other things. $400 turned into $1300. Shit.

As if that wasn't enough, I ordered contacts from Pearle Vision. About $200. I never got them. I finally caved and called them, and apparently they have been backordered.

Until fucking Feburary. They apparently couldn't be bothered to pick up the phone and let me know that although I paid, I wasn't getting what I needed until next year.

Because of the car thing, that leaves me in a huge financial spot. I have insurance but I can't submit the claim for reimbursement (Which I should already have, but god forbid people communicate) until I get the order, leaving me, shock shock, about $200 in the hole.

Thankyou, Pearle Vision, for helping to ensure that making my rent is another huge ordeal.